How to Make Cauliflower Rice
Cauliflower rice is a healthy substitute for traditional rice, replacing simple carbs with nutritious cauliflower, chock full of Vitamin C and Vitamin K. Cauliflower will save you hundreds of calories weekly and make you feel full and satiated. Here is our easy recipe for HOW TO MAKE CAULIFLOWER RICE.
Alex and I (Ryan) are always looking for new ways to incorporate vegetables into our diet. It all started when we learned how to make zoodles. We were especially excited about trying cauliflower rice with some of our favorite Asian dishes. I love zoodles and spaghetti squash, but cauliflower rice is hands down my favorite. Here is what you will need.
how to make cauliflower rice
1 Large Head of Cauliflower
1 Tbsp Coconut oil (we buy Spectrun Organic Virgin Coconut Oil)
Soy Sauce (low sodium)
Himalayan sea salt
Box Grater or Food Processor (we use the Ninja NJ100 Express Chop)
1. Cut the florets into smaller pieces and wash and dry thoroughly.
2. With the box grater, pulverize the cauliflower until it is the same size as rice.
3. Transfer to a clean towel or paper towel and press to remove any excess moisture, which can make for rice soggy.
4. While you are preparing your rice, have the coconut oil heating up in a frying pan on medium heat.
5. Once the oil is hot, simply sauté the cauliflower rice in the coconut oil and then cover with a lid so the cauliflower steams and softens. Cook for a total of 5-8 minutes, then season as desired.
6. Add soy sauce, Himalayan sea salt or garlic salt, and black pepper for that awesome rice flavor we all know and love so much.
7. Use the cauliflower rice for any dish that calls for rice. Our favorite is garlic shrimp and vegetable stir-fry.
Once you realize how easy and delicious this is, you’re going to get hooked. If you’re like us, you might get curious and think, “What else do I have in the fridge that I can add to the rice for some extra flavor and nutrition?” Our favorite variation is adding fennel. Very good! Mushrooms are also a great addition. If you don’t like soy sauce, balsamic vinegar is also very good. Enjoy and please let us know how you like it and how you made this recipe your own!